- Weather update frequency can be less than 2 hours with a user provided key
- Tasker /Intent fun (Premium Only) – see Glance and Tasker
- Additional variables can be pushed on to custom layouts
- Tasker buttons can be mapped to the main screen buttons
- Tasker can request a custom layout
- Bug Fixes (and New Bugs)
About weather updates. The awesome team at OpenWeather who have been providing a completely free weather API for many years changed policy end of last year to require an API key and to limit the number of requests available on the free tier, therefore Glance (which was generating significant traffic) had to change. Apologies for those who found this inconvenient.
Glance has been upgraded to support Pebble Round for most the faces.
The main Glance face
supports round, and if you have Premium you can create Glance layouts for round too. As the Round has more pixels you might run out of memory if you have a full screen background – if you run out of memory layers will not show.
Also there is a new face specifically for Round – Glance-a-Round (which does work on Pebble Time too).
Finally all the Glance watch apps and faces are moving to the Pebble App Store and the old sideload installation will disappear over time.
See all my faces here
New Features only available on Glance WatchApp v2.2 – please update from the Glance Android App!
– Experimental Pin Support – add Stocks, UKTrains, RSS & JSON to your timeline!
– New default bg colour for Pebble Time
– Override bg and fg colors for defaults on Pebble Time
– New Colour weather icons for Pebble Time
– Watchface Editor has send button on the layer screen for faster editing
– Insert clock formats to the star button in editor
– Pixel pushing on presets
– Various Bug Fixes (Editor, UKTrains, SMS Responses, GWF imports)
Android version 0.13, 0.14
Pebble version 2.0, 2.1
– Added AnalogPlus Pebble Time Preset (Top Left = GMail, Top Right = SMS, Btm Left = Phone Battery, Btm Right = Weather)
– Added experimental capability to support multiple Glance watchfaces/apps in PAS
Pebble Time Compatibility
– Editor now supports color and images for Pebble Time
– New Presets – Spots, FunW and ColCal
– Time enabled Glance Classic available for install
Added new watchface – Glance Blobs
– Circles And Squares indicate Gmail, SMS, Missed Calls, Voicemail.
Added support for Actionable SMS notification
– select Glance as your SMS notification provider in the Pebble app and turn on the setting.
– Glance SMS Notifications will include the Glance responses
Added new fields system to Custom Glance Faces
– Add Stocks, Fields from weather, MB Trackname
– See * button in layer editor for currently available fields
– Fields are added as #fieldname
if the field doesn’t exist in the cache you just get fieldname
Added Phone Signal, Voicemail dynamic icons
– Phone signal is GSM only and may need tweaking
Added Speedo mode (turns on GPS and populates fields with current/max/avg speed)
– This is only visible if you make a glance face that shows the data. And it sucks your phone battery dry if you leave it on. You have been warned.
Added simple timer (start&reset / stop) populates %3 time field format
– Again only visible if you have a time field on the glance face that is %3 formatted
Changed messaging between Phone and Pebble (slower, more reliable)
Various memory optimisations in watch app
Added button mappings for Notifications, Music, Alarms and MusicBoss Play/Pause (In Test with MusicBoss)
Added formatting for Calendar Start field (only works for one instance of the field)
Added Calendar N2 (Next+1) fields
Added Invert on Bluetooth disconnect and New vibe for BT disconnect
Added STOPGL intent to kill the watch app (helps with Tasker automation)
Added QL watch app – launches into menu for mapping to a QuickLaunch button
Added SMS option for no sent notification
Added SMS option to turn off write to outbox
Various bug fixes and compatibility changes
Improved watchapp update notification and install process
Added %LOC% capability to SMS presets
Minor bugfixes to SMS / Phonebook integration
Premium: Added CAL and BIGF watchfaces
Glance 0.10a has been released with watch app 1.5.4
To install the new watch app go into the Glance Android app and tap on install watch app then select which face.
Watchfaces – New simple Analog face
SMS – Added ability to have last calls (all, missed, incoming or missed + incoming) to sms reply list
SMS – Added ability to add up to 5 favorites to the sms reply list
Watchface Editor – BlueTooth icon is now dynamic, added dynamic battery linked to Pebble battery state
Mail – added compatibility with K-9 mail client for unread mail count
Weather – Precipitation % added to forecast.io forecasts, Wind Direction added to Openweather and forecast.io
Tasker – Long click fires at timeout
Data Screens – Added configurable font sizes (in Settings)
Watch Customisation – Added hourly vibe
Watch – BT disconnect vibe now has 3 second delay
Mail – Added Intent to set mail mail unread count
uk.co.finebyte.pebbleglance.TASKEREMAILC with Extra VALUE:int
There was some instability in watch app 1.5.4. Hopefully fixed in 1.5.4a
In Glance 0.10 the hourly vibrate setting (in Customise Watch) can incorrectly look like it is off when it is on. Switching the setting On and Off should resolve the issue. The tap Refresh Data to make sure your Pebble has the setting. Apologies for the inconvenience.
New Premium Features:
TextWatch and Analog Glance faces!
Classic TextWatch Analog
Alternate Glance watch apps with TextWatch or Analog face (All require Pebble firmware 2.x)
Both come with a slide in info panel that can optionally be gesture activated
Install via the Install WatchApp menu item on your phone.
(These watchapps only have one watchface and don’t take custom faces)
Glance Watchface layout (.gwf) files can be imported from filemanger / drop box / gmail, and the finebyte website.
New Free Features:
Setting to select Calendars to use for Glance
Added city name to forecast.io forecasts via Google Play geolocation
Added custom launch of any pebble app (needs uuid or Catapult for Pebble)
Info Screen Navigation Changed – one click for next, click and hold for scroll
Help Screen removed permanently from watch
Weather data improved to map snowfall and show update time
Changed pebble battery field to remove % (in line with phone battery)
Added small (16×16) images for battery, watch and bluetooth
Added small weather images (30×30)
Added option to start Glance on your Pebble when the app is launched
Vibe on BT disconnect settings is now persisted on watch
BT connection status is shown on LOSTPHONE and LOCSMS screens
Added feature so save settings to external file (Downloads/GlanceSettings.json)
Added GETCUSTOM menu item on Pebble to request the last custom watch face
Added Send button to Watchface layout editor. This does NOT set the custom watch face as the default.
Added AutoPebble launch
Add NavMe launch (using NavMe flash)
Fixed blanks in counters on watch faces
Fixed 12h/24h switch not being applied for calendar items
Fixed major crash in watch editor
Fixed wrong sms messages being sent when replies messages get out of order
Fixed large weather images to all be 55×55
Fixed message when no trains returned for UKTrains
Various stability issue identified via Crashlytics